A round of applause for all who are helping in this time of need.
Seeing to work that has gone into the creation of the COVID-19 field hospital the NHS Nightingale in London, brings a sense of unity and is evident in the hard work that many sectors have put in to help fight this virus.
The NHS Nightingale Hospital has been built in the ExCel centre which is usually used for large conference gatherings and events.
The ExCel was re-purposed in less than two weeks is an incredible achievement for the NHS, from a blank canvas to a fully functioning hospital.
The Hospital has the capacity of 4,000 critically ill patients, with two wards reaching the length of a kilometre -( 0.62 miles)- this Hospital will be limited to COVID-19 Patients only to help reduce the risk of further infections.
Three more temporary hospitals are to be built, in Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow.
It takes an army to keep the NHS working and they don’t always get the praise they deserve so, Hawthorn Estates would like to take this time to thank all the people that are working hard to help those affected by the COVID-19 virus.
How to stop the infection spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean